Saturday, June 17, 2017

Reading.

I'm currently starting my task of summer reading. I have a couple of books I really want to get done for the summer.

I've been reading this. Its really good, but its also a harder read for me. It talks about foot bidding in the 19th century of china. And it follows the story of two girls that are paired up. So the first chunk of the story is focused around foot biding, and the horrible process it is. It also goes into a couple of other things, like the young ladies getting excited for being married off. Etc. But the story also has a lot of saddness. Its like ever corner in the book something horrible is happening. I'm at the point where snow flower and Lily (I think her name is?) have finally came down from the mountain and Lily has also found out about the abuse her dear friend has suffered and how there life has changed.

Its really good, but because its also harder to read. I am taking my time reading it. 

I've also been reading this. I've just started it so I'm only about a chapter in or so. I do like this book, and its different from the one above.  I only have about 3 hours left in it. And its been good so far. I don't think its as great as the book above. But its still really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment