Monday, November 7, 2016

I languge

After taking my class I took on psychology and doing my local bpd support group one of the things I've really taken to heart is trying to use I language compared to advice language or saying 'you' or suggesting ideas to people. I feel like it helps a lot more for me to speak this way cause I really don't know what those people should do.  I also realize it can be kind of invalidating cause sometimes people also hear so many suggests for ideas and sometimes its better just to have someone say 'I've dealt with something similar.'

 I also feel happier doing it because I'm speaking from my own experience then opinions I might have on subjects that might  not be right or even true.  Unless the topic is super researched and I have science behind me. But most of the time when I talk to people Its not about science, theory or so on. Most of the time its about things that have happened to me, or experiences I've had.

I also feel like its still a bit of a struggle to speak from I, and me. I feel like a lot of the time I still want to give advice, so its a struggle. But I feel like I'm doing a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment