Thursday, May 7, 2015

Whale watching trip.

Not my photo. But I now can knock this off my bucket list. 

I got back from my whale watching trip. It started at 9:30 this morning, I went with my marine biology class, and my trip was a blast. I had a lot of fun, There was a lot of talking about the local wildlife and stuff and we learnt some stuff.  We sadly didn't get to see any whales. Someday, I know I'm going to get my chance to go see them, and I will snap photos. But I still enjoyed going. Being in a boat, on the ocean was a lot of fun for me. I do really like the ocean, and I'm hoping thats where my course is going to take me.

(Mine)

The light house above, its called Race Rocks, its out here in BC.  The light house in the image, all the rocks to make it. The black and white ones came from Ireland. 

I got to go in the USA waters during this whale watching trip, Which was interesting, we got to see some powerful waves, and we also got to enjoy some the cooler water. The tide was out, so we got to see a lot of exposed rock out there too. 
(Mine)
On my trip we got to see some really cute animals, As I said I didn't get to see any whales, I also didn't get to see any proposes, or Dolphins. But I got to see some other critters! I got to see Steller sea lions and California sea lions.  

(Mine)
For those that don't know the different, look at my other post. California sea lions tend to be darker, while Steller ones are bigger, and there fur/coat is a softer brown color.   California sea lions are also the ones that bark and can be see at places like aquariums. They are the ones that do cute tricks, like bounce a ball on there nose. While the Steller ones roar, and they sound more like a lion.
(Mine)
I also got to see a sea otter, which made me feel really happy. I took a couple of photos.  :3 He was cute, he was just floating in his little kelp forest as you can see. Interestingly enough sea otters never go on land. They always stay in the water. We have River otters out here too. They stay near the docks. These guys however aren't found around there. And these guys are also rarer to see because of the massive killings that was done for there fur. So it was really exciting to see one up as close as we could get. 
(Mine)

I was really happy with my trip. I wish I could have taken more photos, but I took photos of what I liked. <3 So I hope you guys enjoy. 

I'm loving my class right now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment