Thursday, June 25, 2015

Chitons



So on Monday my friend I went out to the beach to go beach combing. To look at life and pick up dead things. I found a Katy Chiton. It was dead. It washed up on shore. and I found it to be really neat so I brought it home and now its in a jar.

Chitons when they aren't dead are really tough, they feel really slippery. They also are really hard and you shouldn't pull them off of rocks.  They are stuck there. They eat pieces of algae off of rocks and you can also find them on really rocky shore lines.  They love HUGE rocks. Not little pebbles. 

They have this back armor and they are just really neat creatures. 
Oh and this is what there shells look like that you can find at the beach too. Me and my friend have found them in rocky areas where alive chitons are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment