Friday, June 5, 2015

volunteering


I'm going to be volunteering this summer at my local aquarium. I thought about volunteering there before but I've been so scared to do it.  I think in part my fear is just like, I'm scared of doing something wrong or volunteering for a program that is bad. But after I found out my class was going to go to my local one, I thought more about it. My little sister also was cheering me on to do it too.

This week I'm going to be doing my first meeting with the lady who gets volunteers and I get to work on the floor and than do some paper work. Its going to take a total of 2 hours, but I'm really excited. I ended up telling my teacher and she was really excited! She said that she wishes me the best.

 I also want to do some more shore keepers. Shore keepers I did this week, it's basically ID'ing the wild life in a small square area and totaling the creatures in the box. And I really like it. We saw sand dollars and some other pretty things. I really also enjoyed it because it also works with local indigenous people too. And it just feels like a good way to connect with nature and its also a way to like look after shores that have been hit hard from farms destroying areas and such.



No comments:

Post a Comment