Tuesday, June 9, 2015

First day of volunteering.

My first day of volunteering was fun. My interview wasn't that bad, I did a lot better than I normally do. It also felt very laid back for an interview. I also got a package of info and things I need to fill out so the next time I go for volunteering I can hand stuff in.  Some stuff is a little scary, like a police criminal record check. But a lot of it is normal. I feel a little weird that I need to pay $15 in order to volunteer.   I'd much rather that money also go to something I want to pay for and keep. But that’s okay.  I guess.


I got a lot of info today; I think I was mostly taking things in more than doing. I did get to pet a purple sea urchin, it was neat.  It feels like they hug your fingers, and the sea anemone do the same thing.  I did shadowing but I was kind of shy so when we were to greet people who came in, I  just stood there listening to what was said.  

It was interesting, and I think I'll enjoy it for the summer.  As I said, the only thing that weirded me out was paying $15 in order for me to rent a vest. I'm not sure what the 5 goes too. I mean I do get the ten back, I just don't get the five. I guess it goes to other fees. But I'm not sure what. 

Oh, I also got to watch a bunch of the fishes eat. It was neat. I wanna feed the fishes too if I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment