Monday, February 8, 2016

Chapter Three

Inuyasha still wasn't to please with the idea of following this women. He felt hesitation and thought this women was setting up some kind of trap. He also still thought she was somehow to blame for the big demon aura he could smell. He watched her as they moved towards her home, although he felt like it might have been a trap he followed because his friends were interested in learning what they could from the women. Inuyasha wanted to cut this women down now, but he couldn't because of the others around him, and the fact that he had Kagome on his back and it would put her in danger.

The others seemed a bit more open minded and less afraid of this women. Rin was curious to learn things about this women. She found the lady interesting and her eyes were quite interesting. Mikuro on the other hand was quiet and he was rather just intent in hearing more info about this women. Kagome on the other hand believed her gut feeling about this women, demon, whom ever she was. Kagome believed that she wasn't a bad person, and Kagome wanted to get to the bottom of whats going on. Kagome also had an interest in hearing this women out for what she said about Inuyasha's Father and Brother.

The group grew increasing closer to Lady Kasumi's home. They all saw this big tree that was in front of them. As they got closer they noticed the size of the tree was getting bigger and bigger. The tree had great big leafs and thick branches. The tree was alive and it had no aura around it that Miruko, Inuyasha or Kagome could tell. It wasn't a demon tree.  And as they got closer they saw no home, no hutch near by. They just saw a very great tree. The group exchanged puzzled stares at each other. They weren't really sure what they were doing in front of a tree. Even one so great. They were suppose to be lead to a house.

Lady Kasumi stopped in front of the big tree and she bowed. Lady Kasumi stayed quiet as she did that.  As she did the wind picked up and the branches trebled in the wind.  It was like the great tree was welcoming her home.  Lady Kasumi took a few steps back and the others copied. Just at the moment they backed up, they saw as a opening formed in the tree, the branches crept down and created steps for them to walk up.

Lady Kasumi stood in between them and the tree. She waited until the tree stopped making noise and the branches had rested in its new state. "Thank you, Old friend" She said as she started to make her way up the steps.

Miroku  mouth was wide open, it hung as he looked on.  He couldn't believe what he saw. He also couldn't believe the energy he was now feeling from the tree. It was not a demon tree. He could feel a pure feeling. He had never seen something like this, Or felt something like this. Kagome also noticed the feeling too. It was a pure feeling of energy.  It was a feeling none of them ever felt. They all stood there stunned from what they saw.  And then they started to approach the tree.  Kirara transformed back to her smaller self.  She walked ahead of the others and made her way up the steps. The rest followed Kiara up the stairs. Lady Kasumi was nearly inside when she turned around and noticed that Rin was still at the bottom.

Rin, who was still in shock and amazement of this tree. She was scared to move, and much like the others self felt the same thing the others did. The pure feeling was also a lot for Rin to take in. Compared to the others she had never sensed energy.

"Young one," Lady Kasumi called down to Rin. Rin jerked as she looked up the steps and looked right in Lady Kasumi's direction. Lady Kasumi for a second, with the way she was looking at Rin. Rin felt like she was back with Sesshomaru. When he would tell her not to get lost. It was the way Lady Kasumi looked at her.

Rin got off of A-un and started to walk forward little by little towards the great tree. As she got to the steps she worried about A-un and if they would be safe outside.

"I'll take care of them." Rin heard a voice say as a small wisp of wind came by her ear. Rin looked around, she was confused. There was no one there, and Lady Kasumi was still up top waiting for her. The others had already entered the tree. So who was speaking to her?

Rin then noticed it, a tree branch had came forward, it was still attached to the tree. The branch was right at Rin's height. Rin Hesitantly put her hand on the branch, and as she did that she felt something. It felt like the tree was urging her and letting her know it was safe to leave A-un with it.  Rin then placed A-un's leash on the tree branch.

Rin waited for a few minutes and then Rin started to walk towards the steps. She put her first foot on the tree steps and then one after another she found herself up standing beside Lady Kasumi.

"They'll be fine." Lady Kasumi said.  Rin walked forward to sit with the others. Kagome and Miroku and Inuyasha were off with there eyes wondering around the room already.  The house its self was interesting. The house was inside of a big tree, which had spiritual powers of some kind. And the tree seem to have still lived even with Lady Kasumi inside of it. Kagome noticed a little bed in the corner of the room, but it was small, It was cat sized.

There was an area in this house that Lady Kasumi walked to first before she approached Inuyasha and the others. It looked like a herb section, It was an area with dried herbs, and Miroku noticed it was more then just dried herbs. Lady Kasumi collected some things before she joined sat down with the others. When she came over her hands were full of herbs and other things.

She sat on the ground and started to work on grinding something up into a find dust. When she finally spoke. "So, Where should I begin?" She asked as she broke off what looked like a dry branch and she kept grinding.

"May I ask what kind of tree is this?" Miroku asked.
"Its a spirit tree" Kasumi responded.
That answer gave very little answers to Miroku's question. At that point she decided to tell them her full story.

"My name is Lady Kasumi, and I'm the last of my clan. My clan fought against Inuyasha's family long ago. We were in funds with his family contently.  I, myself when I was younger, I was pulled into the fighting by my parents. They wanted me to fight against the great dog demons and destroy them. I clashed constantly and found myself always fighting against Sesshomaru..." She explained. "There was one day though, when we weren't fighting and I finally had a day to enjoy myself. I found a spring and it wasn't in inhabited and it wasn't in the dog demons land. So I expected I was safe enough to enjoy some time in there. And as I got in and started to relax that's when I met him. My enemy. Off of the battle field, He just looked in my direction and made eye contact with me. He then turned around and told me to forget us ever seeing each other and left."  Lady Kasumi stopped in the middle of the story and emptied out what she had made into a fine dust. She put the fine dust into little bags. She then picked up some little pills like the one's she gave to the monk, although they were a different color and started to put them into groups and she continued the story.

"We were in a middle of a trues of sorts. Or at least the great dog demons where with us. A great demon had came to our lands and threatened both families to swallow us hold, and we decided we would have to fight along side to slay the demon.  My family on the other hand was cruel and twist, and they saw this as an opportunity. My Family had a meeting with all of us, one day. And they let us know about the plan. It was to get rid of our two problems at once. We were going to fight along side the dog demons long enough so they felt like they could trust us, and we would use our powers to help weaken the demon, But in a split second we would over power the dog demons with one simply act. We would kill Sesshomaru. I was given the right to slay him where he stood. With the loss of the great dog demons only child, He would no doubt-able kill the demon that threaten us and in the process he would kill himself. "

Lady Kasumi words sliced into the group. Her words were full of sorrow and anguish, and at the same time you could hear her tone of sickness of her family. Lady Kasumi was working through the other stuff she brought out, it looked as thought she was fidgeting while she was telling the story. Rin felt concerned for her, and wondered if this story would even have a happy ending. Miroku and the others wondered why she was working with these tools while she told the story. Until it started to come together that she wasn't just fooling around with herbs and other things, but she was creating weapons.

Lady Kasumi cleared her throat and continued with the story. "I was against to this plan at the very start.  I informed my parents this would be a bad plan because I would most likely be slain in the process, and there would be repercussions for there actions. But they said it was for the better of our clan. If one member dies to save thousandth it can't be helped. My Clan was focused on this being the only plan and I fight with honor, not disrespecting a trues. I warned and warned my family until I gave up, I felt like they wouldn't budge, and I needed too. So I went to Inuyasha's father.  We met in a private location, and I told him what was planned." She paused.  She looked at Inuyasha. "Your father was in raged by this plan. He told me to leave at once,and never come back for my safety. So I left quickly and when I got home, my family knew what happened and how I disgraced our family by talking to the enemy, and telling them our plan. For that I was disowned, and paraded around, my name made my tribe feel disgusted. I was a stain for my family. My family kept me as a prisoner and tortured me. Up until one night. I hear a loud noise and it sounded like one of the walls feel in. As I heard that, I searched and the wind swiped forward and caught a scent and brought it back to me.  It was a demon scent. It was a strong scent. While I could pick up on the demon, I also noticed another scent. This was a scent I knew. It made me feel safe somehow. After that scent calmed me only for a few minutes I heard screaming and I smelt blood of my family. Before I knew it, my cell had been ripped open. I could only look up for but a moment and when I did, I saw it. It was a great demon. It was horrifying to see. Before I knew it though, I blacked out and at some point in time I came too. I found myself with a small sack of belongs, and I found this very kimono wrapped around me. I didn't know much of what was going on, due to the heavy abuse I suffered. But, I slowly figured it out. And the person who saved me also told me little details.  He carried me out of the cell my parents had put me in, and he had helped me get to safety and be saved from the fate my family suffered.  When I was finally able to look after myself, he left one day and didn't return. I suspected he wanted me to look after myself.

And before you think, I'm not telling this story so you can feel sorry for my family. They made their bed, and they deserved what they got. If they had done the trues, no one would have died. They were doomed. Selfish actions can be deadly. The downside to my selfish family is when they got kill they also let this demon free, And that is the very demon that is outside of the village. Who is inching closer and closer. And the only way I know of defeating him is to work with you, Inuyasha. Or somehow find Sesshomaru. Before sunset. Which isn't going to happen"

Lady Kasumi made eye contact with Inuyasha. She didn't yet feel safe enough to share her identify of what kind of demon she was. She also felt like if he saw he would understand better than she ever could explaining it.  She held a tight glance with him.  "Even if you don't want to fight with me, I will fight." Lady Kasumi said.

Lady Kasumi had be prepping for this fight for a few hundred years now, and she was sure she could kill the demon by herself. But apart of her was also scared of her ending her own life while doing it. But she was ready to kill the demon that her family let free.

Rin was crying softly from the story. Rin understood some of the pain that Lady Kasumi felt, because she went though something similar. But it still pained her to hear this story of great pain, and how Lady Kasumi went through so much, and yet she was still gentle and looked after the village children. She was also surprised in a pleasant way to know someone else had met Lord Sesshomaru, and also received his kindness.  Rin wanted to ask her a question, but she could tell the moment was tense.

Kagome and Miroku were worried by what they just heard. If this was a demon that Inuyasha's father had faced how big was it then? How strong was it? And what could they do to help? And what about the villagers? Was Lady Kasumi willing to let all of those lives go? All of these questions and more filled up their heads and just as they were about to speak up, Inuyasha spoke.

"I'll do it" Inuyasha said. "I didn't expect that monk to send us up the hill for us to say hello, and watch you send the children off. I'll finish sometimes my old man should have finished." He stated.

"Can we help also?" Kagome asked.  Her and the Miroku where willing to help if there was a way.

Lady Kasumi paused before she spoke. She had to think about what she was about to say. She had been working on weapons. But at the same time, this is a battle for her to fight. It was a battle that could have been finished a long time ago, and involving humans felt out of the question for her. She wouldn't be able to fight the demon with humans around, and she wouldn't be able to protect them if something happened.  She also felt like this fight could be a losing battle, and the risk of her or Inuyasha loosing there life was a high risk. It also was a realistic risk because Inuyasha was only a half demon and he wouldn't be able to fight the same as a full demon would.

"I've been making weapons. They might not look like much, They are different than the traidional weapons you might be use to. But these work." Lady Kasumi stated as she started to pass some stuff out, She didn't give anything to Rin, she wanted to keep the young one out of it.

She handed things to Miroku and Kagome and they both took things and held onto them. She passed them the dust she made, she used cation with what she was handing them. They were weapons after all, and they were made with things she had picked up over the years. Lady Kasumi next handed them both little pill's. Both of them received about 100 each. They were similar to what she gave the monk early in the day. But these were pale in color, and they were hard.

"What are these?" Kagome asked holding up one.

"Its poison" She said. "It's been made the same way my family would have made it. Be careful. Its very toxic when it comes into contact with demons skin. And we'll be using it for this demon. Normally I wouldn't hand this out, let alone to humans but today is a different day. "

After she was done giving out the pills she had nothing more to hand out.  She felt like she was about to lead these people to there death. She wanted them to understand the gravity of the decision they were about to make.

"We might be fighting together, but I need to voice this. I also need you all to listen and understand what you are about to walk into. I will not be able to protect any of you. If I tell any of you to back down and leave. Do so. And this includes you Inuyasha. " Lady Kasumi's voice hissed with the warning.

"Look Lady, I don't need your advice, I can take care of myself. And this demon your so worked up about we haven't even see. We don't even know how strong it is. So don't tell us orders. I'm fighting and I will not listen to your orders." Inuyasha said.

Lady Kasumi shook her head and sighed. "What an idiot." she thought to herself. She didn't address it because she felt like it would just cause a truffle. Which would do nothing for them when they are about to fight something so strong. Divided them up wouldn't make much sense at this point.  She planned she was going to still tell them when to back down if the fight becomes to much, and if Inuyasha gets in the way, she may even need to hurt him so he no longer becomes a problem.  This was a battle, not a competition of who could kill the demon first.

With that Lady Kasumi set her sights on Rin. Rin was quiet during this all and Lady Kasumi wanted to protect her.

"Young one." She said. "I haven't even got your name yet." she said towards Rin.

Lady Kasumi ignored Inuyasha's out burst which annoyed him, and the group just looked at her, Miroku and Kagome were amazed that she just ignored Inuyasha and her attention moved quickly to Rin. For Inuyasha it bugged him. He felt very ticked off and he let out a huge huffle noise in hopes of the others noticing. "This women" he thought to himself.

Lady Kasumi paid no mind to Inuyasha, she was still focused on Rin. She was focus on the one person she hadn't spoken to yet.

"Oh, my name is Rin." She said softly.
"Rin. That's a lovely name. I have a feeling you aren't interested in fighting, are you." Lady Kasumi stated. Rin nodded. She wasn't interested in fighting. She was there to do a task Kaede sent her on and now that its over she was scared.  Lady Kasumi had one thing left she was about to give out. It was the same kind of stone she gave to the monk. And this stone had the same purpose as the one she gave to the village monk early in the day. The stone was connected with Lady Kasumi's life energy.  As she handed it to Rin, a light showed up on the stone. It had a green glow to it. Lady Kasumi explained what it was.

"I want you to live." Lady Kasumi said. "That is why you have received this stone."
Rin looked at the rock, and held it tightly.

Lady Kasumi asked everyone to leave the tree, including Rin. So everyone gathered what they were given and they all made there way out of the tree. They walked down the tree branch steps. Once they got to the bottom they backed away from the tree. Lady Kasumi bowed towards the tree, as she did that the tree's great branches moved away and no longer were shaped as steps. The opening they went through also started to close.  A soft breeze went by as the tree went back to resting. The only thing that stayed from when it transformed was the little branch that A-un's leash was held on.

Lady Kasumi approached the tree and she rest her hand on it. She stayed quiet for a few seconds as she bid her friend good bye.  Rin walked forwards to A-un to move them away from the tree too. She took a hold of the leash. Lady Kasumi wanted her to live, Just as everyone else has wanted her to. Just like Sesshomaru wanted he to a few years ago. And she also wanted to live, but she wanted A-un to live also. As she removed the Leash from the branch she heard a voice.

"Be safe and well, Rin." It was the same voice she heard before.  She felt the same wisp of wind by her ear. She looked up and nodded towards the tree. Rin whispered a soft thank you before she lead A-un back to the others.  Rin walked back to the others and Lady Kasumi approached her. Rin stopped and stood right in front of her.

Lady Kasumi looked down at the small girl.  She could sense some fear from her, and she could smell the demon getting closer. At that point Lady Kasumi choice it would be now she would get Rin to safety.

"Rin, I want you to think of somewhere's or someone who makes you feel safe." Lady Kasumi said. Rin thought for a second, and with that she already picked her person who makes her feel safe. It wasn't the village or Kaede. But the person she felt the most safe with, even now was Lord Sesshomaru.
Rin Nodded her head. "I have it." Rin said to Lady Kasumi.
"I want you to think of the reasons on why this person or this place is safe. I want you to also feel the safety at this very moment." Lady Kasumi said. "Let me know when you have it, and you feel safe." She said.

Rin thought about all of the times that Sesshomaru had came to protect her. The times when she woke up in Sesshomaru's arms, or when he was peering down on her after she has fallen. She also thought about the times he would come by and see her in the village. Sesshomaru made her feel safe and at easy.

"I have it." Rin said. She had her eyes closed and she was feeling safe in the image of her following Sesshomaru around.

"Rin." Lady Kasumi said. "Hold on tightly to A-un. And keep your eyes closed."

Rin kept her eyes closed and focused on what Lady Kasumi said. Lady Kasumi lifted up her right hand. She opened it and her palm was down to the ground. She had her arm pointed towards Rin. A wind slowly formed.

Inuyasha and the others looked at Rin. The wind slowly swirled around Rin and A-un. As the wind swirled around her, it held Rin. It was like the wind was creating a safe nest or bubble for Rin to be inside. The wind on the outside became stronger and strong, It started to pull some of the leafs off of the spirit tree and with that, little soft lights swirled around Rin and A-un. As this kept up, the wind became strong enough to pick up Rin and A-un. The wind took off with a gust and no one could see Rin or the gust of wind Or the spirit Tree's leafs.

Everyone stood in shock, as Lady Kasumi was quiet, she still had her hand up and she was still concerting. At this point she was moving Rin to the safe place Rin wished to go. But even Lady Kasumi couldn't know who or were Rin wanted to go.

"What have you done?" Yelled Kagome.

* * *

On the inside of the coon of wind Rin felt like she was being held by powerful hands.  The wind was still soft to Rin and A-un.  The wind was cupping both of them as it safely moved them to the destitution Rin wanted to go for. Rin and A-un weren't even aware that they were already off of the ground and were no longer around Lady Kasumi. In fact they where already miles away.

 Rin heard a voice. It was the same voice as before.
"Rin, Keep thinking of this place or person." Rin heard. It was Lady Kasumi's voice.

The wind was moving quickly as it made its way to Rin's safe place or person. The wind finally landed when it found the place or person.  The wind had searched and it found.

The wind stopped moving and it landed right in front of Lord Sesshomaru.

"Who are you!?" Jaken yelled at the wind.

"Jaken." Sesshomaru warned.

Jaken quickly shushed. Jaken still kept an eye on the wind. He was worried this could be another demon that wanted to fight with Sesshomaru and was too much of a coward to show itself.   However Sesshomaru didn't seem alarmed at all. He just stood there and watched.

Jaken didn't realize that Sesshomaru already knew what was going on. He had seen this wind before, and he also could smell Rin. Sesshomaru didn't just smell her, but he could pick up the scent of the one that brought Rin there.

The powerful wind slowed its self down to a softer slumber as it set Rin and A-un back on the ground. Just ask it did, The voice from before spoke for one final time. It was Lady Kasumi voice.

"Rin, open your eyes." Lady Kasumi voice said.  Rin slowly opened her eyes and as she did she saw Sesshomaru and Jaken in front of her. "How did I..?" Rin said in a puzzled voice.

Rin had no wounds on her, she was perfectly fine. Same with A-un.

"Rin! What are you doing here?" Jaken blurted out.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Jaken!" Rin said. She wanted to tell Sesshomaru who she just met and she wanted Sesshomaru to go and help Lady Kasumi fight.

Sesshomaru looked a Rin, and Finally spoke. "Did you Met Lady Kasumi?" He asked.

Rin nodded.

"Jaken, look after Rin." Without Jaken even speaking or protesting this order he was just given Sesshomaru had taken off.

Jaken's mouth hung open. He was so annoyed he was once again moved to the baby sitter position, and he had to look after this human. He also was rather displeased because it meant that Lord Sesshomaru left him behind, again. Jaken Haven't been left behind for awhile now, he was finally back at his Lord's side. Up until now.

"I thought this is why we left her with Kaede!" Jaken said to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment