Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Body Scrub Recipe

I have dry skin so I do this whenever I get really bad breakouts. I apply it on my face, and neck, chest and back.  :) I make a lot so I can keep it. I also tweak this recipe so I can sometimes only make a little bit.
~
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice 
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
* I sometimes will add a tiny drop of milk. Milk reduces redness. Coconut milk works great for this.*
Directions
Mix the brown sugar and olive oil together. Make sure the brown sugar is all wet from the olive oil. Add the honey and than add the lemon juice.
Apply the mixture to your face in gentle circular motions concentrating on your cheeks, forehead and chin. Scrub any other areas of your body that may be dry, such as your elbows, knees, feet. After about 1 minute, rinse off the scrub with warm water.
Please be aware that oils can make the shower and bath surfaces very slippery. So please be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment