Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Follow your dreams


For the passed few years and most of my life, I've had issues following my dreams. I've fallen, I've been broken, I've tripped and fell what I felt like was milies down. But I've never given up. Depression, anxiety, PTSD, all of this stuff has swung towards me. Relationships in my house, family, friends. All that stuff has broken, restarted or changed. During most of that I felt lost, confused. I've been working on things that I thought wouldn't help me, I did work with my ptsd, work with my depression, work with my anxiety, and my social phobia. 

I felt like all these roads at most were going to leave to a better lived, or at least fulfilled left.  This path I've taken has lead me to a lot. I've found my family, we've found out strength and bravery going through so much stuff. I've found and learnt how to talk, I'm not scared to use my voice anymore.  I've learnt and healed from broken friendships and I've created new ones. I've created and looked after me, I've learnt skills to deal with trauma. I've learnt to deal with my anxiety. None of that is over, It'll be with me for the rest of my life, much like scars, or stretch marks, but I'm learning how to display them, and be proud of them. Everyone has problems, myself included and I'm human. 

For awhile I thought my dreams were unreachable, I've been told to also follow a different dream, like do law or something that is always searching for people. But you know? I feel great, I'm following my dream. My dream is to do marine biology, my dream is to learn and help the ocean, my dream is also to help people, educate people. Yeah I enjoy modeling, I enjoy photography, I enjoy a lot of things. But the ocean is my passion. I live by a great lake when I was younger, but my heart ached to be by the ocean. And step by step I've gotten here. I live by the ocean, My heart craves to help the ocean, I do cleans up on the beach, I pick up trash, I also collect things like sea glass. 

 And now I get to do what I've always wanted to do as a child, Marine biology.  I'm so excited, my heart pounds. I can't wait. I can't wait to learn, I can't wait to do something I've always wanted to do. This is only an introduction course, but I'm still excited.  This is my passion. The ocean. I want to make a positive foot print on my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment