Friday, March 18, 2016

Keep The Spiders Away.

Spring is basically here, tomorrow is the last day of winter. And I've been doing some cleaning and tidying here and there. I also was thinking about something that happens yearly. Which is spiders getting into your house. I will say I prefer spiders over other bugs. Because spiders don't make the buzzing noses or fly into walls or windows. But I still don't like having spiders in my house unless they are really necessary.


So I was looking online about home remedies and I came across something about and for spiders. Spiders are neat, if there outside and they don't brother crawling on me... (I get jumpy and jittery when I see them) But there still cool and interesting looking.


I found out Spiders don't like peppermint! (I love peppermint!)

So here are some tips to keep spiders away !


Place pots of mint and lavender inside your home in a sunny window to deter indoor spiders.

Dust and polish your window sills and furniture with a lemon-scented wood polish. Spiders detest the scent of lemon and a weekly polishing of your wood surfaces will help deter spiders.

Keep your home clean and free of food crumbs and debris; spiders will gravitate towards any type of food supply, especially in warm, damp spaces.

Reduce clutter - spiders love things under beds and corners of the rooms. You will for sure find spiders in a cluttered home.

Control garden spiders by spraying your plants with citrus juice. You can also place lemon, orange or lime peels in your garden to repel spiders.


And recipe

Add 10 to 15 drops of peppermint essential oil into a spray bottle with 8 to 12 ounces of water.
Spray around door frames, windows, small cracks, corners of the ceilings and bathrooms.
Use peppermint essential oil without water for a more potent version.


I'm going to try this during the summer, and I do prefer this over squishing and killing the poor things.

No comments:

Post a Comment