Thursday, December 10, 2015

Krampus

It should be said somewhere's that I tend to not be a fan of horror and I tend to be a person who will hide her face when horror is on, or I'll run for the hills. There has only been a few cases that I've found I've liked horror. I think what I tend to like more is suspense and thrillers. I do like jump scares only because they really scare me.  Like I've seen "Horror" anime's and some I just find to hard to watch, but I do have one horror anime I like, which is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Rei. I liked that one because it had an interesting story and you were peicing things together as it went along. Which is something I do like. I also have seen stuff like Sweeney Todd which is slightly horror-ish but I mostly just liked it for the sound track.

 I think my biggest issues with horror now a days is always around just senseless gore and really graphic rape scenes. I also tend to find the langue in horror sometimes to be really hard to focus on. And what I mean by that is, when movies use "Fuck" to often my brain turns to jello and I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. Like nothing makes sense.

So with that all being said, I have found a horror movie I'm interesting in seeing.


I know a little bit of krampus folklore. Very little and I've been looking into it more, and I do find it really interesting. Just because Its really not something people focus on. I mostly found out about krampus from a friend who was Gothic and really wasn't a fan of christmas. So more of someone who was into anti christmas. with that being said, I found krampus really interesting. And I think in a way it made a bit of sense in my head. We almost always have good paired up with evil, we have to. Its like a dynamic that is just seen in our world. When we see love and happiness we also can see horrible things. Its like, those two things need to exist side by side. 

That being said, I know its an american film so I'm not sure how much of the folklore is going to be kept. I know I looked into a bit. I basically just want to make sure it doesn't have 'rape', and surprise! It doesn't.  I'm going to see this movie for the weekend. I am bring my bunny with me. Just in case I get scared. I know my hands are going to be sweaty during the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment