Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sea Witch

"THOUSANDS HAVE LIVED WITHOUT LOVE, NOT ONE WITHOUT WATER." W.H.Auden

I have two books on sea magic now, and I'm starting to feel really comfortable with the idea of doing sea magic. I've always been drawn to the sea, that explains why I moved to the coast and why I still stay out here, the ocean is beautiful and the sound the waves make is lovely, I also just love being able to go out into low tide and see all of the things that I otherwise wouldn't see hanging around.  The ocean is so beautiful and it has so much in it. When I did marine biology I did it to also further my scope and understanding of the ocean, and its help. I feel like its important more so when you get into things like witch craft to be really aware of the life that lives in the medium I'm going to work with. I know when I start to work on my book of shadows and add sea stuff I also will most likely also add the tradition uses and just the facts behind it. I feel like my beliefs go hand in hand with a lot of stuff. You know? Like just the traditional uses for sea weeds, and what they are used for witch craft. I also feel like I have a lot of knowledge of sea weeds because of my class.

But looking into the book I feel more confident and I will be thinking about looking for tools for my home alter now.  The two books I bought are wonderfully nice to read, and they even point at stuff like you should be aware of tide tables and really just research folklore in general with oceans, and have knowledge of the animals that live by you, ect.  I think for awhile I was really worried about how I would even be able to represent the different elements such as earth... ect when I'm just doing sea magic, but now I understand more. 

I'm also looking into making a rune set for myself with sea glass, or maybe my sea pottery I'm not sure yet. I do know I'm also interesting in sellling my sea glass that I don't use. So that'll be nice.  I just feel more eager and less lost and looking for guidence or dealing with the fear of doing something wrong. 

Spells seem to be interesting to and spell work. But first I want to just gather and make sense of what I've learnt so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment